All you might need is a cheap beat machine.
Because it’s expensive doesn’t always make it the best quality!
Today, the market is full of a wide range of machines offering different features.
While some can create samples, some may only accept samples created with other devices.
Some also come with built-in patterns, while some only allow you to create a pattern.
We will help you choose the best beat machine for your studio.
Affordable Drum Machines
In a few minutes, we’ll be examining some of the best affordable (cheap) beat machines.
These drum machines come with proper features and technology that will aid a badass beat production in no time.
The list starts with:
1.Alesis SR16 Stereo
- A Studio Icon – Legendary classic drum machine for songwriters, live performers and remix engineers
- In Demand Sound – 233 professional sounds included, built-in digital effects for added realism and powered by Alesis exclusive Dynamic Articulation
- Seamless MIDI Connectivity – Complete MIDI support for use with keyboards, computers, DAWs, and electronic drum kits
- Connectivity Covered – 4 (stereo pairs) outputs; 2-function footswitch jacks for start/stop and count/A/B/fill
- Production-Ready Features – Sound stacking, step editing, stereo samples with reverb and ambiance
- Professional drum machine with 12 velocity-sensitive pads (with Dynamic Articulation(TM))
- 50 Preset / 50 User drum kits with 233 sounds assignable to any pad
Alesis SR16 Stereo is a small electronic drum machine that is extra powerful that its simple design.
It packs a lot of useful features together. which include 12 pads, audio outputs, and AC voltage for power.
It has (9.25 x 1.5 x 6.5) inches size and weighs 2.5 pounds – extremely lightweight.
The dynamic features of Alesis SR16 make it a leading drum machine used by top sound engineers, live performers, songwriters and musicians in general.
It comprises of 12 velocity pads, 50 high-quality preset, soundtracking, 8 loudness level, stereo samples, and step editing – a tool for making professional beats.
2.Akai Professional MPD218
- A straightforward MIDI-over-USB pad controller with 16 genuine MPC pads
- Thick and fat MPC pads include LED backlighting for visual feedback
- A set of 6 360-degree knobs offer hands-on control over continuous parameters
- Equipped with classic MPC functions such as Note Repeat and Full Level
- 3 control layers offer 48 pads and 18 knobs worth of control
- Instantly jump between 16 configurable presets
- USB powered and class compliant for use with your computer or iOS device
- Software package includes free titles from Ableton, Akai, and Sonivox
The Akai Professional drum comes with 48 pad banks for finger drumming and music production.
It weighs around 1.6 pounds, and the size is (9.4 x 7.9 x 1.6) inches.
It features expert MIDI drum pad controller, thick backlit MPC pads, 6 control knobs (for providing beat machine input), 18 assignable knobs (for specific parameters), free software, and three banks available preset sounds.
3.Teenage Engineering PO-12 Rhythm
- A stripped-down yet fully loaded drum machine that’s perfect for tabletop synth rigs
- Loaded with 16 sampled and synthesized drum sounds, each with 2 real-time parameters
- Enhance your drum sounds with 16 effects such as bit crush, stutter, and delay
- Create entire songs on the 16-step sequencer with 16 patterns and pattern chaining
- Integrated folding stand and onboard Knowles speaker offer convenient standalone use
- High-quality sound courtesy of a Silicon Labs EFM32 Gecko MCU and Cirrus Logic DAC
- Audio-pulse-based sync lets you integrate other Pocket Operators and third-party gear
If you want massive performance in a small package, then, Teenage Engineering PO-12 needs consideration.
Despite being a mini beat machine, it offers more in term of productivity.
It has 16 drum sounds and 16-step sequencer, which helps to create perfect beats and melodies.
It produces high-quality sound gotten from Knowles speaker, comes with AAA batteries, uses real synthesized drum sounds, and can automatically switch off if not used in 5 minutes.
Full features include 16 sample drum sounds, 2 real-time parameters, a 16-step sequencer, and 16 patterns for a quality experience.
4.Arturia Drum Brute Analog
- True analog drum machine with 17 drum sounds
- Drum sounds include kick 1, kick 2, snare, clap, hi-hat 1, hi-hat 2, conga hi, conga lo, tom hi, tom lo, maracas, rimshot, clave, tambourine, cymbal, reverse cymbal, and zap
- Steiner-Parker output filter delivers ultra-smooth HPF and LPF sweeps
- Stores up to 64 patterns, up to 64 steps each
- Song Mode allows you to chain patterns for expanded compositions
- Apply swing and randomness globally, or on a per-drum basis
- Separate accent for each drum
- Manipulate your patterns in real time with Step Repeat and Pattern Looper
- Each track can have a different length, allowing you to create polyrhythms
- 12 individual audio outputs make it easy to record your patterns as multitrack audio
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock, and Internal
- Headphone output with 1/4″ and 1/8″ connectivity
Arturia Drum Brute is another quality drum machine at an affordable price.
Arturia has all the necessary features to fulfill your music needs.
The product dimension is (20.5 x 12.8 x 3,5) inches, weighing 7.1 pounds – these specifications makes the machine easy to transport.
The giant drum machine has different kick sounds and different settings for tone and decay.
Arturia Drum Brute is a versatile machine which allows beat creators and musicians to set the mood at high-quality audio and diverse sound palette.
5.Roland Aira TR-8 Rhythm Performer
- Contains 81 ACB tones and 150 factory samples
- Supports up to 600 seconds total time for all samples at 44.1kHz, a single sample can be up to 180 seconds
- Step sequencer controls 11 instrument parts and 1 exclusive part for the trigger output (1/8″ output)
- Lock parameter values for any sequence step for subtle or extreme variations
- Built-in audio interface allows you to multitrack directly to your DAW
- 8 analog audio outputs allow you to route your sounds separately for recording or processing
- Control the intensity of the Accent function in real time for dynamic grooves
- Enter steps manually or record your drums in real time to create grooves on the fly
- Original TR-REC behavior provides an authentic TR series programming experience
- 16 backlit per-step pads make pattern creation easy (supports up to 32-step patterns)
- Dedicated Tempo controls and TR-909 Shuffle control lets you create beats that pulse and groove naturally
- Solid MIDI clock sync provides tight timing with external gear, such as the rest of the AIRA series
Roland Aira only weighs 6.8 pounds and has a dimension (4.3 x 13.3 x 21.7) inches.
It’s a small but mighty drum machine that most professional song producers use.
It features 16 kits made up of 11 different types of instrument, a custom dream kits that use vintage TR 808 and 909 sounds, and a fine and shuffles adjustment knobs for incredible sounds.
For your next music production, you have a list of cheap home beat machine you can use for optimum result.
With the unstable global economy, purchasing one now will do you a big favor.
Music is my Passion. And Keywords are my Love. Sometimes it’s hard to find the right equipment for your taste. So, I continuously publish researched guides and information for those who seek.