We want to give you the Best synthesizer keyboard for beginners mainly because synthesizers are an investment.
Now, this right here is for the big boys.
You got to find the right one for you, for the right price of course.
A synthesizer keyboard is an electronic musical instrument that generates audio signals that may be converted to sound.
This is a big deal because basically, you are creating sounds from scratch.
You feel the richness of the sound because it’s coming from the source.
While you are on the search for your first synth, or new, we hope to help guide you to what fits best.
Best synthesizer keyboard for beginners
Here is the best guide to Best synthesizer for beginners.
1. Korg microKorg Synthesizer Keyboard
- Sound Generation Method: Analog Modeling Synthesis System
- Synthesizer Program: Multi Timbral=2 (max, Split/Dual Mode)
- Voices: 4 voices. Power Supply- DC 9 V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Arpeggiator: 6 types. Outputs: L/MONO, R, Headphones
- Compatibility: Windows – 98 Second Edition, Me, 2000 SP2, XP. Mac OS – OSX10.6.8 or later
- 128 completely editable presets and External audio processing
I remember me and my buddy were trading synths and he gave me this in exchange for the mini nova.
Pretty much the same functions between the two, but totally different sounds.
Before the week ended to trade back, I made it my mission to try out all 128 presets.
Being one of the top-selling synthesizers on the planet consistently since its release, microKORG remains the victor of Korg’s fruitful microSERIES(link).
Heres to the first option to Best synthesizer keyboard for beginners
2. Novation MiniNova Synthesizer Keyboard
- Hugely powerful mini-synth with Nova sound engine
- Vocoder with unique VocalTune, pitch correcting effect
- Tweak and warp your sounds in real-time
- 256 awesome onboard sounds; additional free soundpacks downloadable on registration, including the 30 Giorgio Moroder-inspired patches
- Layer up to 5 effects per voice; 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects
As mentioned earlier, these are one of the synths I own.
My first one to be honest.
MiniNova is a compact, super-cool studio and live synth with the same sound engine as its big brother, UltraNova.
Be as it may, don’t let its size trick you.
MiniNova is the most recent in the ‘nova’ scope of synths going back to the amazing Supernova arrangement.
It has the equivalent fantastically incredible sound motor and synth impacts as the Novation UltraNova, which means it is equipped for making and altering enormous bass synth sounds, soaring leads, rich pads, and vintage synth sounds.
3. Roland JD-XI
- Interactive crossover synthesizer with analog & digital sound engines
- Analog synth section provides authentic lead and bass tones
- Two digital synth sections with SuperNATURAL synth tones
- Four-track pattern sequencer and high-quality rhythm sounds
- Included gooseneck mic for use with built-in Vocoder and AutoPitch
- USB for audio/MIDI communication with computer music software
Roland is one of those names that you probably heard before.
Mainly due to their revolutionary 808 drum machine(Link here), plus they make great equipment.
Modest, compelling, and moderate, the JD-Xi puts a genuine simple synth motor, Roland’s well-known otherworldly synth sounds, and numerous other innovative instruments under one hood.
Furnished with 37 smaller than normal keys, this minimized instrument conveys fat, warm simple bass and lead tones with plentiful controls for hands-on tweaking, in addition to polyphonic PCM basics like pads, strings, brass, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
- 4-operator FM Sound Engine offers dynamic and expressive additive synthesis
- 32 Voice memory locations allow storing and recalling favorite Voices
- Integrated phrase Looper: capture song ideas or just jam!
- HQ mini keyboard (37-keys) allows fast, natural performance with premium feel and response
- Built-in speaker system lets you play any place, any time. Type of Keys-Mini synth keys with initial touch.
You know Yamaha must be part of the list, being as they have always been on top of their stuff when it comes to equipment.
They’re my favorite although I try not to play favorites.
Anyways, there is more version of this keyboard like the CX, the YC, and the CS.
This one, the Reface DX, goes retro 80s to current at the flick of a switch literally.
Rapidly alter, store and review 32 of your preferred Voices with the locally available memory.
Add to your sound utilizing the two locally available multi-impacts.
Truly a good candidate for being one of the Best synthesizer keyboard for beginners
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
- Steiner-Parker Multimode Filter (LP, BP, HP)
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator with new Overtone Sub-Osc, Oscillator Mixer (Sub, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle)
- Ultrasaw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms
- MIDI Inwith 5-Pin DIN connector, USB MIDI In/Out, 1/4-Inch Audio Output and 1/8-Inch Headphone Output
The new Arturia MicroBrute is the up and coming age of the group of synthesizer keyboards.
The younger sibling of the honor winning, current exemplary: MiniBrute.
The MicroBrute is littler in size yet holds the unadulterated simple sound, the renowned Steiner-Parker channel just as Arturia’s various wave oscillator with wave-shapers.
No alternate ways were taken in ensuring that the MicroBrute sound confronts any simple synth available.
6. Korg MS20
- Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
- External signal processor (ESP)
- Flexible patching system
- USB MIDI plus 5-pin MIDI
- Voltage control oscillator is the source of all sound for the MS-20 synthesizer
The MS20 is quite remarkable.
You get nice and fat sounds, kind of like they originated from the 70s.
Creating many versatile sounds, it’s easy to incorporate this synth into anything you’re working on.
They emit such natural and vivid sounds as if it came straight from heaven.
7. Roland SYSTEM-1
- Four oscillators for buckets of fat synth tones
- Oscillator colors create continuous waveform changes from simple to complex
- -12 dB and -24 dB filter types with independent high-pass filters
- Innovative thin keyboard with 25 normal-sized key
Another great synth from the 70s, the SYSTEM-1.
These particular and semi-measured synthesizers are proclaimed right up ’til the present time for their adaptability and character of sound.
In the soul of its antecedents, the breaks new ground with momentous adaptability and access to an immense palette of tones with the strong, obvious character related with Roland synthesizers for about four decades.
With all parameters ready to be controlled with physical handles and sliders with LED markers, the System-1 is agreeable to play, yet the most reduced Roland synth ever.
8. Korg Monologue Synthesizer Keyboard
- DRIVE added for rich bass and cutting leads
- VCF changed for 2-pole with more bite
- LFO capabilities expanded with higher rates and deeper modulation
- 16 step buttons for faster realtime step edits
- Push button + turn knob for “parameter lock” style motion sequencing
Completely programmable, a simple union for all players…
monolog is the cutting edge monophonic synthesizer that offers the soul of the acclaimed minilogue, with a totally new voice and ground-breaking new features.
The progression sequencer has additionally been drastically extended, permitting increasingly instinctive and progressively complex altering.
With the monologue, you can get your hands on sounds that are just conceivable while discovering motivation.
9. Korg Kross
- 61-key Synth Workstation with Synth-action Keybed
- Step and MIDI Sequencers
- Mic/Line Inputs – Black
I put this one on the bottom because it’s a little pricey, but it’s the most versatile on the list.
With a sum of in excess of a thousand preset sounds, development PCM memory has been recently included.
Additionally, new is a cushion sampler that permits undeniable testing, and USB sound/MIDI interface usefulness.
While keeping up its way of life as ultra-lightweight, minimized, and fit for running on batteries, this new model significantly upgrades KROSS’s sounds and usefulness.
Additionally, new is a cushion sampler that permits undeniable examining, and USB sound/MIDI interface usefulness.
Whatever your masterful vision, you can get it going.
KROSS 2 is a flexible synthesizer stage made with inventive opportunity in mind.
10. Yamaha MX49
- Class Compliant USB Audio/MIDI for true “plug and play” connectivity without installing any drivers
- Motif Sound Engine: layer, zone, switch, cycle, randomize and control up to 8 elements within a single voice
- Virtual Circuit Modeling re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and signal processors
- 128 notes of polyphony ensure dropout-free performance playing live or with full 16-track sequences
- Record/playback stereo audio and 16 channels of MIDI data via a single USB cable without any external devices
I’m only going to 10, but there are way more synths out there to explore. I could go to 30, but who wants to read all that?
I saved this one for last because of its very high-quality production.
Those who’ve made it in the end, this is a gift.
Incredible for the stage, studio and wherever in the middle, Yamaha Music Synthesizer MX BK/BU arrangement includes more than 1000 Voices from the incredible Theme arrangement in addition to profound PC and iOS incorporation.
That amazing sonic palette is stuffed into smooth bundles (accessible in 49-and 61-note forms) that fit the present in a hurried way of life.
Here is the Best synthesizer keyboard guide for beginners.
Thanks for reading!